On November 6, 1903, by request of the Harmony Grove community, a group of four ministers and ten deacons met at the Harmony Grove School House for the purpose of constituting a Missionary Baptist Church to be known as Harmony Grove.
On November 14, 1903, the church elected a building committee. On July 16, 1904, the members voted to receive the church house, located on what is now known as Burruss Mill Rd. On June 18, 1904, the church voted to unite with the Hightower Baptist Association. In 1910 a motion was carried to begin having Sunday School.
On April 11, 1944, the church building was destroyed by a tornado. Soon afterwards, plans were made for rebuilding the church. The new building was constructed on land donated by Brother C.C. Castleberry on Ga. Hwy. 306.
In May 1966, the church voted to have a revival the 2nd week in July instead of August, as had been in the past. On April 11, 1981 a motion was carried to begin having worship service every Sunday instead of twice monthly on the 2nd and 4th Sundays which had been done from about 1947 until then.
In 1976 the church voted to start a building fund. Then on August 7, 1982 a motion was passed to start construction on the new church building after revival in 1983. This is the building in which we now worship. It has been dedicated to the worship of the Almighty God and to Christian fellowship, joy, growth, and worthy achievement in His service.